Return to Songs
- The Bells Of St.
- Words by Douglas
Furber, Music by A. Emmett Adams - 1917
|Dm Am Dm Am
||Dm Am Bb Am
||F (C7 repeat)
- 8-beat intro. Play 4-beats
or 8-beats for each cell (your choice), reading from left to
- The Bells Of St. Ma - ry's,
Ah! hear they are call - ing,
- The young loves, the true
loves, Who come from the sea,
- And so my be - lov
- ed when red leaves are fall - ing.
- The love - bells shall
ring out, Ring out for you and me.
- This song was made famous by
Bing Crosby in the film The Bells of St Mary's.
- The writers composed the song
after they heard the bells ringing in 1914.
- It was introduced into the
United States in 1917 and is the college song of the New York
State Maritime College.
to Eddy Peabody play this song on the Banjoline (plectrum banjo
- Listen to
Perry Bechtel play this song on the Plectrum Banjo
Arranged by Jim Bottorff
- This Chord Chart
may not appear correctly with some browsers. It should
be viewed with a full size window.
- The chord names should
appear in single rows. Let me know of any problems.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org