- Play Chorus
Return to Songs
- If I Could Be
- Words and Music
by Henry Creamer and Jimmy Johnson - 1926
||C (to chorus)
- 8-beat intro. Play 4-beats
for each cell, reading from left to right.
- This song is in the key of
- I'm so blue I don't know
what to do, All day long I'm pining just for you,
I did wrong when I let you go away, For now I grieve about you
night and day.
- I'm unhappy and dissatisfied,
But I'd be happy if I had you by my side.
- If I could be with you I'd
love you strong, If I could be with you I'd love you long,
- I want you to know, I wouldn't
go, Until I told you honey why I love you so.
- If I could be with you one
hour tonight, If I were free to do the things we might,
- I'm telling you true, I'd
be anything but blue if I could be with you.
- Arranged by Jim Bottorff
- This Chord Chart
may not appear correctly with some browsers. It should
be viewed with a full size window.
- The chord names should
appear in single rows. Let me know of any problems.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org